Max Karlin - Counselor and Co-therapist in psychotherapy groups
With a Bachelor’s degree in Practical Psychology, I have consistently sought to expand my knowledge and skillset through diverse continuing professional development (CPD) courses in business, psychology, and well-being at renowned institutions like the University of Michigan, Yale, and Johns Hopkins.
Presently, I am pursuing Existential Psychotherapy Training (EPT) at the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling (NSPC – Existential Academy) and Middlesex University in London, with a complete clinical pathway accredited by the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) in Existential therapy with an MSc degree in Psychotherapy Studies.
My professional journey has been diverse, with over two decades of experience in commerce and business. I have held various positions in sales and marketing and eventually founded and served as CEO of my own company in equipment and technologies for the food industry. These experiences have given me a unique perspective and understanding of the challenges and difficulties faced by individuals from different backgrounds and high-pressure environments.
"A desire to be yourself is the true vocation of a human" (Rollo May)
My goal is to help you sort yourself out, improve your life, and improve your well-being. To make your personal and family relationships more productive and to teach you how to effectively cope with stress, anxiety and all kinds of problems.
My practice is grounded on an existential approach to helping clients rediscover their sense of meaning, beliefs, and life goals. I intend to support them in experiencing a renewed sense of aliveness, whether for the first time or rediscovered. This approach involves coming to a deeper understanding of one’s limitations and possibilities as a human being and embracing life with full engagement and purpose.
Besides, I incorporate additional techniques in my work, blending my academic knowledge and extensive professional and personal experiences. Such a strategy enables me to provide a tailored, client-centred practice that addresses each individual’s unique needs and concerns.
I provide a secure and empathetic space where you can freely discuss your concerns and gain a deeper understanding of yourself, your relationships, and the world around you. You can discover new perspectives and opportunities, even in the most challenging situations, by delving into and comprehending your thoughts and emotions.
I offer a complimentary 15-20 minute phone or online consultation for you to determine if you would like to work with me and for me to gain a better understanding of your reasons for seeking assistance and how I can help you. Please reach out to schedule a mutually suitable time for this initial meeting.
• Emotional support
• Problem-solving related to relationships, work, and personal life.
• Stress management: reduce and manage your stress level
• Coping and regulation skills in challenging situations and emotions, such as anxiety and unhappiness.
• Life transitions navigation and adjustment to significant life changes, such as a loss or a career change.
• Effective communication strategies to improve your relationships with others.
• Guidance through conflicts with others and helping you to find mutually beneficial solutions.
• Self-improvement to identify and work towards your personal growth goals.
• Discovering and pursuing your passions and interests.
• Physical and mental stamina development
• Executive and leadership development
• Team building and conflict resolution
• Stress management and burnout prevention: helping employees and management cope with workplace stress and improve their overall well-being
• Purpose and meaning at work: helping employees find meaning and fulfillment in their work.
• Career transition and job search support
• Work-life balance and time management
• Creative Skills Development
• Organizational culture assessment and improvement
• Emotional intelligence and communication skills training
• Decision-making and problem-solving support
• Change management and transformation guidance
• Mindfulness and well-being practices in the workplace.
• Negotiation skills development
Online Video Consultations
Professional assistance online in difficult life situations. Online support and counselling via Skype, Google Meet, FaceTime, Microsoft Teams, WhatsApp or other available platforms. Confidential and anonymous consultations at a convenient time for you as agreed.
Consultation via chat and messengers
Qualified express help under challenging situations via WhatsApp, Telegram, Apple Messages or other available systems.